BIG BANG Whitewater Kayak
The Big Bang a creekboat / expedition kayak capable of handling class 5 creeks yet at the same time having ample speed for long hauls and enough packing space for extended periods in the wild. The Big Bang is based on our highly successful Expedition Solo, which proved to be an exceptional boat for running the hard stuff while also having the luxury of a hatch compartment for easy packing on multiday trips.
Did we take the Bang concept and just stretched it out? Yes and no. We created a longer, faster version of it, but we also changed some crucial features of the design. The Big Bang is super forgiving despite the longer length. It is still highly manoeuvrable, punches big holes like no man’s business, boofs like a much shorter boat, and has the volume and peaked decks to keep it on top at all times. The Big Bang features the tried and tested hatch system of the Bang with a sealed off foam bulkhead. The knee area is raised and also relatively wide to accommodate big paddlers. Copious volume and an extended water line means that heavy paddlers will find the Big Bang a cruise. It is naturally an easy boat to roll too.
- Please note that the colour of the product may differ from the image displayed. This is purely a guideline. Fluid also reserves the right to change the colour spectrum and shades without any formal notice.
Length: 270 cm / 8’10”
Width: 65 cm / 25.5″
Hatch volume: 100 litres / 26.4 gal
Cockpit size: 49 x 87 cm / 19.25″ x 34.25″
Paddler weight range: 70-135 kg / 155-300 lbs
- Accommodates bigger paddlers
- Semi-displacement creeker hull
- Soft rails
- Sealed hatch compartment in stern
- Rocker profile and stern shape add stability on drops
- Slightly peaked deck
- 4 grab handles
- Mod5 outfitting
- Bottle holder
- Drain plug